Wednesday, February 12, 2014
12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
Lunch will be served
Napa Conference Room
4040 Civic Center Dr., Suite 200
San Rafael, CA 94903
Greg Tull Meritas Advisors, LLC
Estate planning attorney Nadine Aarsheim will answer the questions clients most frequently ask her, including:
- “Estate planning” sounds depressing and complicated. Can’t I just skip it?
- Why wouldn’t I just pass my property to my surviving spouse? S/he’ll know what to do.
- Why wouldn’t my spouse and I want our kids to have full control over the money we leave them as soon as we pass away? I don’t want to be a control freak about it.
- If I leave money in trust for my kids, should the trustee of the trust be the guardian?
- I know I’m supposed to avoid probate of my assets, but I’m not sure why…
- What’s the difference between a “power of attorney” and a trust?
- What’s the difference between a will and a trust?
- Q&A to follow